Monday, July 23, 2012

A New Chapter Has Begun

Sorry it's taken me a while to get this story written! It's short, anyway.

I had a marvelous July 14th!!!  Everything went so smoothly and I was just in a superb mood the whole day!  I got so much accomplished, and it felt great. :)  I woke up at 5:00 AM and ate breakfast and read my scriptures while eating.  Then I headed over to Provo to help a lovely patient I take care of at 6:00 AM.  After I was done there I rushed home and ran 8 miles with my aunt, and then I showered and got ready for the day and then took care of another patient.  When I was done, it was time for the baptism! Ahh! So exciting :) :)

A new chapter has now begun in Ruben's life. His baptism was beautiful, like pretty much all baptisms are.  There was such a wonderful spirit there, and I loved seeing him so happy. My mom and dad did the musical number. My mom sang and my dad accompanied her on the piano. ("My Soul Hungered" is the song they did. If you haven't heard it, I highly suggest looking it up and taking a listen cuz it is gorgeous! Brought me to tears.)

Anyway -- it was all beautiful to say the least. He was smiling so brightly after.

I got to go to his confirmation the next day as well. He is so happy that he made this big decision in his life, even though it took him many, many years.


Here is the before picture. We like to joke that you can tell he doesn't have the Spirit with him yet:


And here is the after picture!!! He was so so happy: 



I know that God is real, and that He loves each and every one of us and will touch our lives in so many different ways if we allow Him to.  If you really want to know of the truth, and you have an open mind and heart, He will manifest it unto you...always. That is what happened with Ruben, and he is so super happy! I'm grateful God allowed me to be a big part of his conversion process because it has been a testimony builder for me. 



4 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE the "after" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this story, Kelsie! And 8 miles! Dang girl! I'm so proud of myself these days if I run more than one! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a sweet experience for you and for Ruben. You are just a naturally born missionary. I love hearing about the experiences you had while at the track and field tryouts in Eugene, Oregon. It will be interesting to see what happens when the young man you gave a Book of Mormon to and who went to church and is coming out to see the sites in Salt Lake etc. He will be in my prayers that he is one that has been prepared to hear the gospel and you and your family were willing to reach out to him.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom...agreed!

    Thanks, Leah! I miss you and hope you are doing well :)

    And Grandma I love you more than you know! I appreciate the prayers, and I'm sure he would too, if he knew :)

    ReplyDelete