Wednesday, August 15, 2012

No regrets.

I just wanted to take the time to write and say: don't take life for granted. Ever. 

You never know how fast it's going to change.


Why do I say this?
Recently I just found out that a beautiful, sweet girl I know from my high school cross country and track days has brain cancer.  It honestly broke my heart when I found out.

I ache for her.
I cried upon finding out this heart-wrenching news.
I wish there was something I could do to make her better.


You wanna know the amazing thing though? She is so strong, so brave, so upbeat and positive.

She has the knowledge that her Heavenly Father has a plan for her, and that He will be watching over her through the whole process.  That alone is a testimony builder for me;  if someone who is going through a trial as hard as hers, can manage to have the amount of Faith she shows: SO CAN I. 

Basically what I am saying is, live your life each and every day with no regrets. You never know what tomorrow is going to bring. It's scary to think about, really. One day we may be fine and dandy- the next, not-so-much. 


Please keep my darling friend, Rachel, in your prayers.  I'm sure she and her family would appreciate all the support; she leaves for a 6-week treatment in Tennessee, on Sunday.  It's her senior year, and no one should have to start it out this way :(
Rachel (back) with teammate and friend, Summer (front)


Love you, Rach.
I'm pulling for you.



For those of you who would like to follow her progress, you can check out her blog at: http://rachelstratton.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment