Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Meal Fit for a Queen



Hello everyone :)

Okay, so lately I've been obsessed with gathering new recipes for my recipe book. I don't have a ton (mostly just ones from growing up that I took from my mom), but I would LOVE to try (and fall in love with) some new meals! :)

We'll just say that I'm not the healthiest eater all the time, because most times I'm in a hurry, and just want to find something quick in my place to eat! (Ohh, the life of a college student, right?) I don't really cook that much--but that doesn't mean I don't wish that I did! I want to change this. I'm sure if I cooked rather than being content with eating cereal, top ramen, turkey and cheese sandwiches, freezer food (on occasion), etc., that I would feel much better about myself and more accomplished. Plus it'll help prepare me for cooking for a future family :)


I'm writing this post so that whoever is reading it, might be willing to share their favorite not-too-expensive and fun/easy recipes with me, to help me with this goal of mine! I'm jealous of all you people who cooking comes so easily and naturally to....I hope to one day make a meal fit for a Queen!
So please, leave a comment below with your favorite recipes! Sharing is caring!!!

**To give you an idea, here are some foods that I really like (but I won't reject any others you give me!):
-Pastas/Italian
-Salads
-Soups
-Mexican foods

Hope you all have a wonderful day! And THANK YOU :)

2 comments:

  1. I am going to invite you to pinterest again. I get dozens of recipes off of there. One of my favorite food blogs is actually one of a friend of mine from our old ward, it's http://www.foodbringsfamiliestogether.blogspot.com and she is a really good cook! I have tried a few of the things she put on there. But seriously, pinterest is a great place to start to build recipes. And I will email you some. I started typing up my favorite recipes a couple years ago but I need to finish it and I wanted to have it made into a book someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One super quick and tasty meal that I LOVE to make is chile verde tacos. I don't know if it's super healthy (I'm sure it's pretty high in sodium), but it's really good and super fast. What I do is I take a pork roast and a can of chile verde sauce (you can do a green enchilada sauce, or a green taco sauce, or whatever can of sauce looks really tasty to you in the latino food section) and put them in the slow cooker. Once it's dinner time, I shred the pork and put it in corn or flour tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, shredded cheese and sour cream. Super fast and super easy! One thing I do to make each dinner more healthy is I always try to have a vegetable with it whether it's green beans or salad or corn or whatever! I hope this helps. If you want to rack my brain for more recipes, shoot me a call or a text! If cooking wasn't easy, I don't think I'd love it so much!

    ReplyDelete