Saturday, February 4, 2012

My favorite Maple Mountain Men's Chorus :)

So, Thursday afternoon my brother was passing through Cedar City with his high school men's choir. They were doing a mini tour down to St. George to sing at a conference and a few other places. They stopped at Canyon View High school in Cedar, which is like 5-7 minutes away from my place, to do what's called a Choral Exchange (each choir takes turns performing for each other). I decided to go and surprise him and watch :) Our first plan was for me to see Jonah on his way back up from St. George when they stopped in Cedar City again around 6:00 for dinner the next evening, but I was hoping to hear them perform. That's why I decided to skip one of my classes and go over to the high school. Let me tell ya ~ they are a group of very talented young men! It was worth it! I am glad I got to watch them perform while also getting to see and spend time with my favorite brother :)

Here are a few videos I took from their choral exchange!

This first one is the one my brother wanted me to for sure record. It's called "Go the Distance" and comes from Disney's Hercules. Jonah is accompanying the choir on the piano. What a talented young chap. I love him! But oh, man. They all have such wonderful voices!


This one is after they were done with the Choral Exchange, their teacher just started playing "You're the Inspiration" and they all just started singing! It was my favorite :) I love when they get to the chorus~So funny.


This last one was right before they had to leave. My brother was definitely in his element; jamming at the piano, with loads of people laughing and singing at the top of their lungs, just having a grand ole time :)

Great job, Eagles! Keep on singing!


No comments:

Post a Comment