Tuesday, October 25, 2011

100 Day Challenge~~


Recently I was given a thick packet of papers entitled, "The Book of Mormon in 100 Days." It's basically an outline of a reading schedule to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days. The person who gave this to me said they didn't care if I got it done in the 100 days or not, just that I try and finish it. It's a neat layout, however, because it has "Get back on schedule" days, so if you are behind on the reading you have multiple days where you can just read and get caught back up (if you are sticking to doing it in 100 days).

I really appreciated receiving this packet and am really going to try and do it! I started this morning, before my run, and I completed the reading for Day 1. I don't know if any of you who are reading this are interested in doing this challenge, but I am going to try and post every day what the reading for that day is if you want to follow along and join me! :)

Day 1:
-Read: Preface (Title page), Introduction, Testimony of Three Witnesses, Testimony of Eight Witnesses, Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith
-Mark: The quote from Joseph Smith in the Introduction, "I told the brethren....any other book."

"I would like to urge [everyone] to again read the Book of Mormon....There is nothing we could do of greater importance than to have fortified in our individual lives an unshakable conviction that Jesus is the Christ, the Living Son of the Living God. And, my brothers and sisters, that is the purpose of the coming forth of this remarkable and wonderful book."
~President Gordon B. Hinckley


I know this church is true and I'm so grateful to have it as a part of my life. I know that the Book of Mormon is the truest book there is....and I hope to be able to read it again all the way through, for my second time, and be able to gain a full understanding of it. I hope you (whoever you may be) will take this challenge as well. It can only make us better! And can only teach us lots! :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved my experience with taking this challenge when you told me about it last year and I'm so happy that you're doing it. I think it will make a big difference in your attitude about school and will provide you with a lot of much-needed direction. But just so you know, darlin', even after the second time of reading it, you're not going to "gain a full understanding of it." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very grateful for this! I'm taking a missionary prep class at byu's salt lake center and in the course we must read the Book of Mormon and take notes and highlight throughout the book. I was like "how am I going to read this in a semester and actually understand it?!" Then I found this and it is such a blessing. I hope more people read this and do it! So neat :) thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete