Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's in YOUR Hands.


So today in Relief Society, one of my roommates, Kjersti, gave a very good lesson. It was based off of President Uchtdorf's message entitled "Looking for the Good." In it he says:

"Have you ever noticed that people can usually find whatever they are looking for? Look hard enough, and you can discover both good and bad in almost anyone and anything. People have done the same with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since its beginning. Those who look for the good will find a kind and compassionate people—a people who love the Lord and desire to serve Him and bless the lives of their fellowman. But it is also true that those who look for the bad will certainly find things that are not so ideal."


How true this is! I found it kind of ironic that this was this week's lesson, because if you read my last post before this, you will see why I say this. Kjersti asked me in the middle of the week to look for the good in everything that went on during the week for me, even when I was having a hard time, and to try and find something positive about it all. She wanted me to share my experience during her lesson. At first it was really hard because I have been really stressed lately, and nothing seems to be good. Well I was wrong.

I believe that this experience has actually been a learning/growing one for me. After reading my scriptures, praying, and also reading my patriarchal blessing a few times through, I realized that nursing really must be what I need to do. It also really hit when I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting today. I shared my experience that I had with my teacher this past week, and basically (without thinking or knowing it was coming) I flat out said that I realized nursing is what I am supposed to do with my life. I guess that is an answer to my prayers, right? But not only has nursing been a dream of mine, but it just all seems to fit together so nicely! I think this has just been a trial of my faith. I can't do it without Christ. Nobody can. I need to learn to rely on Him more. So what I took from this (and shared in Kjersti's lesson) is what I've already just said, plus the day I get to walk across the stage and receive my diploma--all my hard work paying off--what a great day that will be! You can't get more positive then that! Then I will not only be working to achieve my dream, but actually living my dream!

President Uchtdorf later says, "We have a choice. We can seek for the bad in others. Or we can make peace and work to extend to others the understanding, fairness, and forgiveness we so desperately desire for ourselves. It is our choice; for whatever we seek, that we will certainly find." So I say.....be happy! Look for the good in everything, because, after all, it is in your hands....

No comments:

Post a Comment