Saturday, March 12, 2011

"There's No Place Like Home"



Can I just say how very ecstatic I am to be home right now?? This break is a MUCH needed one for me, and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Last week was a week from hell--I was stressed and tired beyond belief!-- so naturally I came home and crashed. I actually went to bed by 11:15pm, can you belief it!? Haha yes, Steph. You read that right: 11:15!!!
Basically I don't even really know what I planned on writing about, or what to say, other than I am so uber duber happy to be home!!!!! I haven't been with my family since the beginning of January! The first hug I received was from my mama who saw me coming up the walkway from the window. Man, that was a good hug :)
I guess I also wanna throw in and say that I know that God is real. He lives. Even though He may give us horrible trials in our lives (sometimes ones that we think we can't handle, especially alone), He knows that we CAN get through them. They are for our own good and we become stronger from them, as hard as that may sound. I know there is a God out there who loves us no matter what and He will never ever ever ever ever ever leave us. We just need to develop a solid relationship with Him and let Him know that we are trying our best to live the best life we possibly can; to write the best dang book of life anyone has ever read! We aren't really "home" until we make it back to Him, our Father in Heaven. So strive everyday to "Live your life everyday so that when you wake up in the morning, Satan says, 'Oh no! (S)he's awake!!'" I think Carrie Underwood's song "Temporary Home" says it best, for right now. Take a listen.


"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."

2 comments:

  1. Home is only complete when you are here, so I imagine God feels the same way about each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your home, that was a great blog.

    ReplyDelete