Saturday, April 2, 2011

Engaged.....in the right things.

Hey everone!!!
"I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it!!!!!!"

I'm engaged, can you believe it!?!?!
I couldn't be happier!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






















Ok, not really. Don't have an aneurysm. lol


For April Fool's day this year I thought it would be funny to put myself as "Engaged" on facebook to see what kind of reactions from back home I could get. I thought I was being clever, but apparently not--many other people had the same idea. At first it started with just being me, but then my friend Taylor agreed to be my pretend fiancée. . .haha score! Maybe it'd seem more believable! Now all I needed was a ring. . .hmmm. Well I asked around my apartment to see if any of my roommates had a ring that looked like it could pass for an engagement ring. Sure enough, my roommate Kara had one! And it fit me!


Soon after I posted this picture (shown above) Taylor and I were getting lots of comments. It was so entertaining to see everyone's reactions and how confused they all seemed to be. "I didn't even know you were dating anyone, Kelsie!" or "This better be an April Fool's joke. . . ." Quite a few people who know me really well didn't buy it however, but decided to play along. On the other hand, quite a few people DID buy it! My parents were getting phone calls from relatives freaking out, wondering why they hadn't heard first-hand (before seeing it on FB) about it. It was great. I even got a phone call from a cute friend of mine from track. He was like "Kelsie, are you really engaged!?" I played along for a sec and was like "Yeah. . .!" He then said, "Ah oh my gosh! That is so exciting! But kinda. . . .weird. It's weird to think that you are actually getting married cuz you were just here last year and my track captain. But I'm happy for you." It was so cute/funny! Then I broke the news to him. He thought it was way funny, like I had had some amazing idea to do it. (High schoolers must not really do many April Fool's jokes like this, cuz is isn't as believable. Therefore, his news feed must not have been as filled with April-fool's engagements as mine was!) haha ;)

Then Taylor had another funny idea: he wanted to make it seem even more real that we were engaged and had us go and take engagement pictures! He has a good friend who is into photography, so he got him to agree to take a few. Sweet :) After our classes were out on Friday, we had a fun time laughing and teasing throughout the shoot. . .mostly just laughing our heads off and trying to keep straight, and believable "in-love" faces. We just stayed around campus. It was fun! Here are 4 of the photos Kyle sent us:


(my eyes are kinda crazy in this pic! I think they got edited lol)
Aww. . .don't you wish we were really engaged?! JK :P
Anyway, I just thought it was a fun(ny) story that if you didn't already know/hear I would share. But I did realize that I'm glad I realize that I'm really not ready to be engaged. I seriously am too young! I have a life to live! Also, wearing a ring on my left ring finger is just. . . . .annoying and weird. For now I think I will actually remain engaged. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .but engaged in my school work and in bettering myself and just living life to it's fullest! Yay for being single! Write the missionaries! :D

3 comments:

  1. Anxiously engaged in a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.....ONLY remain engaged in studying hard and in progressing on your path to "nursehood" and in becoming the person you want to be.....thus sayeth your mother who knows best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my heck. those pictures look amazing!!! seriously.....you two could be engaged.

    ReplyDelete