Sunday, April 17, 2011

White and Pure


I am so grateful for such an amazing gift that my Heavenly Father has given to me. What is that gift you might ask? My virginity; the opportunity I have to be chaste. Lds.org has chastity defined as ". . .sexual purity. Those who are chaste are morally clean in their thoughts, words, and actions. Chastity means not having any sexual relations before marriage. It also means complete fidelity to husband or wife during marriage."
We live in an evil world today with many warped ideas of how people should be, and what's okay and not okay. I'm grateful to live in a church that respects women and doesn't objectify them in any way. I am also so grateful that I have the opportunity to save myself for that special someone, in hopes that he will do the same and that we can be sealed for all of time and eternity in the House of the Lord, then to raise up together, a righteous family. It just makes me so happy to think about! :) :)
I love the verses in 1 Corinthians, chapter 6 which say:

18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

It is SO true. Christ paid for all of our sins so that we would be able to repent of anything and everything. But that doesn't mean we should go out and do whatever we would like, knowing that it's possible to repent and be fully forgiven. It just doesn't work that way. God expects us to live the best way that we can. . . but he knows that some of us are going to fall along the way and it may be hard for us to get back up, especially on our own. That is why we have to reach out to Him for help. He is always there for us. Always.
The reason this is on my mind is today in Relief Society my Bishop gave a wonderful lesson on Chastity and whatnot. It just made me so grateful for that wonderful gift that we have all been given. Let's just use it wisely. .

I love this gospel, and I know it's true. I mean that.

No comments:

Post a Comment