Sunday, April 10, 2011

Live.Laugh.Love: I had a great weekend! :)


This past weekend my little brother and my mom came down to see me. The main reason for their visit was so my brother Jonah and I could go and see Brian Regan who was coming to SUU! I found out about this in January or February and bought the tickets the moment they went on sale :) Anyway, so they came down on Friday and we played games and went out to dinner before the show. That was a lot of fun. Then Brian Regan. . . . .man that was so much fun! He is hilarious, and I love his facial expressions! I enjoyed being able to go with my brother and just laugh our heads off 'til we were crying. It was great :)



After Brian Regan got over we went back to my place and danced with my roommates (Just Dance) and then ended the evening sitting on my bed watching "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." It was a great time to have with just he and I. . . .brother-sister bonding time, as I would like to call it.

On Saturday we got up some-what early and started off our day playing Ticket to Ride (after my mom came over that is). My super stellar roommate Stephanie joined us. It was a good time! After that the four of us went to lunch to Chili's and then I took them to see where I'll be living next year! Then it was time for them to leave. . . .
I realize I have such a wonderful family and I'm so lucky that we get along so great! Right after they left I was really quite sad, even though I'll be seeing them in a couple weeks for Easter and my birthday. It was all I could do to not tear up. Haha I'm a baby, I know.

Then Saturday night was great too! I got to go on a date with a cute guy friend of mine. I haven't been on a date in a long time (well down at college I mean) so I was especially excited. We went down to St. George with Derek's brother (Brett) and his girlfriend (Kelli) and a few other friends out to eat at Texas Roadhouse for Brett's birthday. The food was GOOD! I've never been to Texas Roadhouse until then. After dinner we went and ate cake at Kelli's sister's house. After that we drove back to Cedar City and Derek and I went over to his place for a bit and just messed around on his keyboard and just talked and laughed.



Then today church was really good and uplifting! I felt like a lot of it was meant for me (don't you just love those days?) And for the most part we had good weather all day :) And there was also a fireside tonight that was really good. Elder Wirthlin of the Quorum of the 70 came and spoke to us.

Now on to a new week. . . .may I get through it alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment