Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 93 -- The Spirit of Music

Day 93:
-Read: Ether 4-7
-Mark: Ether 6:9

"Sometimes.....we get nearer to the Lord through music than perhaps through any other thing than prayer."
~President J. Reuben Clark, Jr.

"Music is one of the most forceful instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man."
~President Boyd K. Packer

Something to think about: In what ways do you use music in your personal worship? How do you use music to help others feel the Lord's influence?

For those of you that know me and my family very well, you know that music is a big thing in our home and in our lives. I grew up listening to it! My dad is a musician so ever since I can remember he's composed songs, songs for me even! (Jonah and I have our very own lullabies that our parents wrote together for us.)

I really believe that music can bring the spirit in a way that nothing else can. Beautiful music has a way of touching my heart and bringing peace and comfort when I need it. I don't necessarily know why this is, but I am grateful it does.

I'm so grateful for my musically-talented family and their willingness to share their talents with others. I'm grateful my parents raised me with music in the home so I could develop the love I now have for it. It's great!

Here is a normal Sunday at the Hadlock home: game of Ticket to Ride in progress, impromptu music being played by the Hadlock men....I just had to video to give you a little taste of my world (and they didn't even know I was recording! haha)
~~Oh, my dad started playing this song cuz my mama was starting to get impatient waiting to play the game!~~


And lastly, on a more serious note, here is some of my dad's music that the man who does his website put together in a video:



Make good music a part of your life!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment