Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 96--Stronger than the Devil

Day 96:
-Read: Ether 14-Moroni 4
-Mark: Ether 15:19

"All beings who have bodies have power over those who have not. The devil has no power over us only as we permit him. The moment we revolt at anything which comes from God, the devil takes power."
~Joseph Smith

Something to think about: What things help you most to prevent Satan from having any power over you?


I've noticed that when I am not as close to the Spirit as I should be (the days I forget to pray in the morning, or when I used to not read my scriptures as regularly, or if I allow myself to get upset) Satan has more power over me. When we aren't in tune with how God would want us to be, Satan can creep into our minds and heart and take over the driver's seat.


God has provided us with something wonderful: our body. Something Satan does not have. He also gave us this glorious gospel and the freedom to choose. We need to use our agency to do what is right, because if we do that with God on our side, Satan has no power over us. None. That's a cool thought, right?! WE ARE MORE POWERFUL THAN THE DEVIL HIMSELF!!!


2 comments:

  1. nailed it once again kels! love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, pretty Elsha! You are so nice :) But isn't this so true? It's easy to believe, but sometimes hard to follow through!

      Delete