Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 17 ~ The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope

Day 17:
-Read: 2 Nephi 24-25
-Mark: 2 Nephi 25:23, 26

"Literally, the Atonement means to be 'at one' with Him. The nature of the Atonement and its effects is so infinite, so unfathomable, and so profound that it lies beyond the knowledge and comprehension of mortal man. I am profoundly grateful for the principle of saving grace... The overwhelming message of the Atonement is the perfect love the Savior has for each and all of us. It is a love which is full of mercy, patience, grace, equity, long-suffering, and, above all, forgiving."
~President James E. Faust, The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope (Oct. 2001 Gen. Conf.)

Something to think about: How do you experience the Savior's love?


I am so very grateful for what the Savior has done for me, and the sacrifices He has made for me. I am grateful that we have the gift and power of the Atonement, so that even though I make mistakes, I can repent and be fully forgiven for anything and everything.


I just want to leave you with a video. Someone took one of my dad's songs, "Gethsemane," from his cd We Ever Pray for Thee, and put it to a YouTube video with pictures of Christ and the Atonement. This is one of my dad's own pieces which he wrote about Christ's suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane. It's beautiful and I just wanted to share it with all of you.


I hope all of you have a wonderful day! Don't forget all that the Lord has done for you. Please utilize this precious gift he has given you, and don't make His suffering for us be in vain.


No comments:

Post a Comment