Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 22 aka The Day You've All Been Waiting For..

Today is the day you've (possibly) all been waiting for! Day 22. Today is the first "get back on schedule day!" K, here's how it works:

Day 22:
GET BACK ON SCHEDULE
-Use your reading chart to find chapters you still need to read to be caught up through Jacob 4.

or

If you are up-to-date with your reading, take time to study: 2 Nephi 31-33

Something to think about: What is the doctrine of Christ? What are some things the Holy Ghost can do for us? As Nephi finishes his record what are the things it seems like he most wants us to know?

~Or if you want, feel free to read other passages or articles if you are caught up. For instance, I read Elder Richard G. Scott's October 2011 conference talk entitled, "The Power of Scripture" for my reading. I'm posting the video for you today, because I think the message is unique and beautiful.

I love when he says, "Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high." And also, "Pondering a passage of scripture can be a key to unlock revelation and the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Scriptures can calm an agitated soul, giving peace, hope, and a restoration of confidence in one'e ability to overcome the challenges of life. They have potent power to heal emotional challenges when there is faith in the Savior. They can accelerate physical healing."

I think that that is such strong testimony he bears.

In my ward conference a few weeks ago, our Bishop spoke. Gave a wonderful talk. The thing he said toward the end of his talk that stuck out to me was a sort of challenge he gave us. He talked of the importance of the scriptures, the Book of Mormon in particular, and asked that we make a goal, or even promise to ourselves, that we would read the Book of Mormon at least once a year for the rest of our lives.



I hope all of you will take the time to evaluate yourself and where you are at. Don't ever miss an opportunity for spiritual growth. Read your scriptures daily. Pray morning and night, and like my daddy would always tell me and my brother before leaving the house, "always have a prayer in your heart." Strive to become perfected in Christ and come to know His word. He loves all of us and just wants us to be able to come home, to be wrapped again in His loving embrace.

I know this church is true and contains the fullness of the gospel, and I know that by reading the scriptures and making them our friends, we will gain a new source of protection in our lives. I love my Heavenly Father, and I know He loves me with all of His heart..

No comments:

Post a Comment