Saturday, November 5, 2011

Days 11 & 12...and 13.1 miles.

Ohhh goodness! I know, I know. I'm a slacker at getting these up! But it's NOT because I'm behind on reading, because I'm not :) Yesterday my mother and little brother came down South to see me and they picked me up and we stayed with some family down in Hurricane. Well it just so happens that they have dial-up internet, so I couldn't connect with my laptop and post the reading for yesterday! :( Sorry!

As for today....well this morning I got to run the Snow Canyon Half Marathon (which was seriously so much fun! Such beautiful scenery,too!) I am so super sore now though. Tomorrow I probably won't be able to move, but it was worth every penny and all the soreness! I have the loveliest blood blister on my toe as well. My knees are thrashed from the downhill running. I can't go down stairs very well. I threw up, before I even got to eat my lunch, in the toilet at the place we were eating. But I'm alive and pretty proud of myself! I got 24th overall for the women and 4th in my age group!! My time was 1 hour and 33 minutes....so I not only beat my other half marathon time (by a good 20 minutes) but my mother's fastest half time as well!! ;) So....I feel very accomplished today. I reached both my goals. I didn't even stop at any of the water/porta-potty stations, either! I just basically had a very enjoyable day, and was glad that I got to enjoy this most painful experience with my awesome roommate, Ruth. She's a trooper! It was her very first half marathon and she did splendidly! Her time was under 2 hours as well!


Ok....enough of that. Here is yesterday's reading:

Day 11:
-Read: 2 Nephi 2-3
-Mark: 2 Nephi 2:25, 27-28

"Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it; and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God."
~Joseph Smith

Something to think about: What bring you true happiness?

Ok....here is today's!!!

Day 12:
-Read: 2 Nephi 4-7
-Mark: 2 Nephi 4:15-16

"No father, no son, no mother, no daughter should get so busy that he or she does not have time to study the scriptures and the words of modern prophets. None of us should get so busy that we crowd out contemplation and praying."
~President Spencer W. Kimball

Something to think about: What is it that brings a person to love the scriptures?


Okay, well I am seriously so spent! I think I'm gonna retire to bed and rest my poor body. It's had a long and hard day today, haha. But I hope all of you continue to receive the blessings of reading your scriptures daily. I hope you also have a wonderful fast Sunday tomorrow and then a great week to follow! The church is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment