Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 32--Blog Dedicated to Friends :)

Day 32:
-Read: Mosiah 15-17
-Mark: Mosiah 17:11-12

"You don't need to compromise your standards to be accepted by good friends. The more obedient you are....the more the Lord can help you overcome temptation. You can also help others because they will feel your strength. Let them know about your standards by consistently living them....No one intends to make serious mistakes. They come when you compromise your standards to be more accepted by others. You be the strong one. You be the leader. Choose good friends and resist peer pressure together."
~Elder Richard G. Scott

Something to think about: Why did King Noah not resist the pressure from the evil priests? What helps you to resist peer pressure?


I have been so lucky to associate with good people throughout my whole life. In high school I had a great group of friends who all had the same standards as me. They were such great examples to me, and never lowered their standards for anything! It made it easier to live up to my own standards when I was around them. I didn't have to try and change to fit in....I already did! Those kind of friends are honestly the best friends you can have; ones that accept you for YOU!

Now we are all off doing our own thing at college, but we haven't forgotten each other and the people we have become because of knowing and associating with one another. When we come home for holidays, it is always fun to get the gang back together and just enjoy being in each other's company. We may be missing quite a few of the young men from the group, but that is because they are continuing being the great examples they have always been, and putting their lives in the service of our Lord for a couple years on LDS missions.

Halloween 2009

Morp 2007
Comedy Sportz w/Eric

Homecoming (Sept. 2009) with Deson AND Eric?? :)

Deson's Farewell Luncheon--May 2011
Adventurous summer evening....aka "stealing" cake balls from Bryce's aunt's fridge ;)
Kath and I at graduation!
Des and I in California at Footlocker (Dec. 2009)
Deson, me and Eric after graduation
Me and pretty Katherine at the beginning of Summer...it was after I dyed my hair.

Des and Eric brought me a cake they made in Deson's solar oven. They heard I was having a bad day and gave it to me just before I left for work :)
Roasting marshmallows in my firepit -- Summer 2010

Homecoming with John--September 2008


One of our last times hanging out before college

Can't wait to see ya'll tonight!!! It's gonna be a party :)

2 comments:

  1. No pics with John in them? He's part of the Gang, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find any on my computer! But I finally got some :)

    ReplyDelete