Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 33

Day 33:
-Read: Mosiah 18-20
-Mark: 18:8-10

"We show by our behavior what we believe. Surely we are standing as witnesses of God when we sustain his living prophets, especially when we know what it means to sustain. We will abide by the direction and counsel of the prophets. We indeed become witnesses when we make this solemn covenant."
~Sister Janette Hales Beckham

Something to think about: What commitments are part of our baptismal covenant?
In what ways do you try to keep those commitments?


Today I had the lovely opportunity to go to a baptism of a convert. This lady (I'm guessing) is probably in her 60's and has been "investigating" the church for about 4 years now. Her husband passed away a little over a year ago. He never became a member in this life. But I just want ya'll to know that I know this church is true, and I think that missionary work is amazing. Jackie was baptized today a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and so was her husband (if he chooses to accept, that is). Lemme explain. Jackie's son, Tom, went to the temple early this morning before baptizing his mom this afternoon, and he did all the temple work for his deceased father. Now he (Tom's father) has the opportunity to accept the church on the other side of the veil. How neat is that!? It was just a really happy experience all around. I enjoyed being there, reminded of my own baptism day and how excited and full of joy I felt. Seeing Jackie's glowing face and the tears of joy trickling down her cheeks, just validated my thoughts and the feelings that I remember having.

I know this church is true with all of my heart. I am so grateful for that knowledge and being able to share it with others so that they might have that joy that Jackie was experiencing today and that we all can experience every day for the rest of our lives if we so choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment