Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Day 31






















It's been a month!!! Aren't you so proud?? I know I am :)

Day 31:
-Read: Mosiah 12-14
-Mark: Mosiah 13:15

"When I was a little boy....I came home from school one day, threw my books on the table, and took the name of the Lord in vain in expressing my relief that school was out for the day. My mother heard me. She was shocked. She took me by the hand and led me to the bathroom.....then proceeded to wash my mouth out with that terrible soap....and then said, 'Don't let me ever hear such words from your lips again.' The taste was terrible. The reprimand was worse. I have never forgotten it, and I hope that I have never used the Lord's name in vain since that time."
~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Something to think about: How can we keep the Lord's name sacred?


As I read the quote by our beloved Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, I thought of something. When I was in the 3rd grade, I learned what the "F" word was. This was by accident though. My class was doing a word search in groups, and I found that word (not knowing it was a swear word) and I said it aloud. One of the little boys in my group tattled to the teacher, who then proceeded to make a big stink about it in front of my whole class. I was mortified, and brought to tears. Since then, I have never used that word again.

These two simple stories are just like the ways of life. Meaning, in life, a lot of times we go through some really rough times and experiences, but we always come out of them learning something, and becoming a better person. Sometimes in order for us to really learn what the Lord wants us to learn, we have to learn it the hard way; a way that will stick in our minds forever. So don't be discouraged. The Lord knows what we are capable of handling. We are all stronger than we think we are.


In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I just wanna end by listing some things I am most grateful for:

1. The knowledge that I have of my Savior's love for me.
2. My wonderful family. They are so supportive of me, and are always here when I need them (and even when I think I don't).
3. The chance I have to be going to college to better my education and (hopefully sooner than later) become a nurse.
4. This 100 day BOM challenge that I was given....and the Spirit that I have been feeling about me each day since I started doing it.
5. My awesome roommates!! They are all so cute and sweet, and help me be happy when I'm down.
6. Wonderful and uplifting music. Music has always been such a big part of my life; I love it so much! It has a way of bringing the Spirit like nothing else can.
7. That I have a break from school this week, and could come home to be with all of my family for the holiday.
8. For a wonderful Prophet that leads and guides us in truth.
9. The institute program....I love my class and my teacher is phenomenal!
10. For my testimony that is being strengthened day by day...and that I have shared it every month (without missing) for almost a year!
11. For my loving Heavenly Father, who without Him, I would not be the person I am today.
12. For being thankful--that I'm able to recognize all of the many blessings in my life (and these are just a few!)

Just wanna leave you with a beautiful song that I love. It has such a great message...not only is it perfect for today, but for every day!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment