Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 39 -- and it happens again!

Day 39:
-Read: Alma 2-4
-Mark: Alma 2:18, 28

“Safety can’t be won by tanks and guns and airplanes and atomic
bombs. There is only one place of safety and that is in the realm
of the Almighty God that he gives to those who keep his
commandments and listen to his voice.”
~ President Harold B. Lee

Something to think about: Why were the Nephites strengthened by the Lord?
How can we receive the Lord’s help in the challenges we face?


Okay, so I don't know how many of you read my post from yesterday, but the Lord answered my prayer in a very obvious way again today :) I think this challenge has really made a big difference in my life....like I have never really had my prayers answered so obviously--that I can remember. I am so glad that I was given this challenge, and that I decided to buck up and take it. It's been a real blessing, and I am growing so much :)


So~~~today my first class was at 8 am, and I wanted to get up at 6 (or 6:15 by the latest) so that I would be able to get my scripture reading in before class and also have time to make a turkey sandwich (yes, REAL turkey!) and then get to the school, find a parking spot, and print out a powerpoint before class began. Well....at 5:47am on the dot, right outside my window, again (I think the Lord has a sense of humor), there was a little red car in the parking lot that was stuck in the snow. It was sitting there for a while just gunning it, wheels spinning, trying to get going. Noisy. It woke me up. But this time (instead of the annoyed reaction I had at first yesterday) I just smiled great big. I know that the Lord loves me and He does answer prayers.....sometimes in the weirdest ways!! But I was able to do all that I needed to do this morning, and I think I did well on my Physiology quiz, so I'd say my weekend is off to a good start!

Just thought I would share with you. I know that the scriptures are the word of God and that if you read them and make them a priority over other things in your life, that the Lord will answer your prayers and you will have a different spirit about you every day. It's amazing. Don't take the Book of Mormon for granted. Read it and SEE FOR YOURSELF!

Have a happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment