Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 47 ~ Don't get mad, get glad!!



Day 47:
-Read: Alma 19-20
-Mark: Alma 20:17

"Anger is not an expression of strength. It is an indication of one's ability to control his thoughts, words, his emotions....When the weakness of anger takes over, the strength of reason leaves."
~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Something to think about: When is it most difficult to control your anger? Why is it important to stay in control of your thoughts, words, and actions?

Recently I had to talk with a friend of mine to try and get some things cleared up. We were both really unhappy with eachother.....hurt, angry, confused, etc. but during our conversation you wouldn't have known that. We both stayed very calm and didn't raise our voices at one another. It didn't become a nasty argument like it could have been...but rather, it was a somewhat civil conversation. I'm grateful the Lord was with me and able to keep me very calm, my friend as well, for I know it made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment