Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 60+8 ~ My New Year's Goals

Day 68:
-Read: Helaman 1-3
-Mark: Helaman 3:35

"If Satan can succeed in creating in us the pastime of arguing, quarreling, and contention, it is easier for him to bind us with heavier sins which can destroy our eternal lives."
~Elder Marvin J. Ashton

Something to think about: How can you avoid contention in your family and other relationships?

That question should be an easy one....like primary-type answers easy. Just try to see others as Christ does. Don't let emotions get the best of you. Be in control. When you start feeling angry, try to stop and think: is it reasonable? And think before acting....Don't lash out! Feelings get hurt that way, and walls get built up. No one likes having to repair the damage done.

I personally think we are much more attractive people when we choose to be happy!!! Have you wondered how ugly you look when you are angry and getting after someone? Think about it. Would you rather look like this?


Or like this? :)
Just take time to evaluate yourself and how you want to be represented. When you have the spirit and light of Christ in your life, people will be able to see it through your face and how you carry yourself.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Here are some things I'm hoping to accomplish during this New Year:
-Read the Book of Mormon again
-Get accepted into the SUU nursing program
-(Hopefully) raise my GPA or just maintain it enough to keep my scholarship
-Learn to play my guitar and
-Touch up on the Piano.....I haven't played for so long that I kinda really suck now! :(
-Write a song ~(Not sure what I think about this one yet.)
-See the Olympic trials of track LIVE in Eugene, Oregon (oh wait! That's already gonna happen! :) )
-Establish better eating habits and
-Lose up to (but not more than) 15 pounds
-Not spend as much time on facebook --this one will be a hard one
-Write in my journal more often
-Go to a concert
-Let my hair grow out long again
-Kiss my crush
-Train and run another half marathon in the summer (still thinking about it...)
-Always try to stay happy and find the goodness in all things!!!
-Pray morning and night
-Love myself and see myself how God does.
Those are what I could think up for now....maybe I shall add a few more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment