Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Days 49 & 50


I slacked off on blogging yesterday.....sorry!! So here are days 49 and 50. Can you believe we're already halfway through the Book of Mormon??! So awesome :)

Day 49:
-Read: Alma 24-26
-Mark: Alma 26:11-12

"As children of God we are somebody. He will build us, mold us, and magnify us if we will but hold our heads up, our arms out, and walk with Him. What a great blessing to be created in His image and know of our true potential in and through Him! What a great blessing to know that in His strength we can do all things!"
~Elder Marvin J. Ashton

Something to think about: What do you think some of the "mighty miracles" may be that the Lord will work through you?

Day 50:
GET BACK ON SCHEDULE!!

Use your reading chart to find the chapters you still need to read to be caught up through:
Alma 26
OR
If you're up to date, take time to study:
Alma 17

Something to think about: What are the things that made the sons of Mosiah successful missionaries? What is your duty in sharing the gospel now and preparing for full-time missionary service?


I don't know about you, but I think that there are many, many ways we can do missionary work. There isn't a limit to where or how you can do this. Whether it be through your example or actually have gospel discussions with people--it's all relatively the same. Recently, I got bashed for posting my links on facebook for this Book of Mormon challenge. This person was getting all upset saying, "The only person you should be telling that you read the Book of Mormon is God...Don't boast religious things..." etc. I told him that I was not boasting at all, but rather giving others the opportunity to do this challenge and gain the awesome experience I've been having with it. Also, posting every day is motivation for me to make sure I read each day, cuz I won't blog until I have read for the day. Anyway, he continued on later in the conversation to say, "I don't think facebook is a way to do missionary work. How many non-member friends do you have? And how many of them do you think read it and say 'Wow, maybe I'll join the church now!'" He accused me of being like the Pharisees, and just continued on in anger.

I didn't want to argue with him (cuz this is really ridiculous, right?) so I just let him go off for a while, not responding which of course made him write even more. Finally I just kindly told him I was done with this conversation and didn't want to argue it.

I guess what I'm getting at is, that no matter HOW you do missionary work, it's still missionary work. I don't write my posts with the intention of converting anyone, or even being a missionary for that matter. But if I say something that really touches someone for good: that's great!

Well, I best be off! My biochemistry final is in half an hour so I need to gather my things and be prepared for this butt-kicking test! (Meaning, I'm going to kick ITS butt!)

1 comment:

  1. 1. Don't ever let him - or anyone - stop you from being you.
    2. Sharing your beliefs in a positive, non-bashing or pushy way is a good thing. Don't stop.
    3. I sure HOPE you kick your biochem final's butt!

    ReplyDelete